Popping up for a minute just to say that I find it interesting how quickly (and often cruelly) young, female Tumblr users turn on their femmes du jour. Today it’s a fresh-faced, talented actress, until the shiny sheen wears off and she’s tossed off the pedestal for another, more endearing one. It doesn’t take a whole lot to be on the receiving end of Tumblr’s swift judgment, either. All it takes is some media overexposure and a few quotes taken out of context, and suddenly you’re on the discard pile where countless text posts dedicated to tearing you down are all the rage. It’s really disheartening to see people tearing one actress down in order to prop up another. This is a pretty unique thing that the online community does to young actresses, too. You don’t see this kind of vitriolic behavior directed at young male actors. What a harsh, toxic environment to be practicing your craft in. Why anyone would want to be in show business at a young age in this kind of atmosphere is beyond me.
finally someone who can eloquently state everything i’ve been feeling about what I see on here this award season
Zurich based Disco Doom just released their new album on Exploding in Sound and are touring the US this March and April. They have a lush, often emotive fuzz rock sound that sometimes disintegrates into floating psych pop soundscapes. Check out this sort of single and stream the rest of the album here. Tour dates can be found here if leaving the comfort of your computer is something you’re into.
This song is so good. Fav off this album is “Rice & Bones” tho
"I can’t think of any greater happiness than to be with you all the time, without interruption, endlessly, even though I feel that here in this world there’s no undisturbed place for our love, neither in the village nor anywhere else; and I dream of a grave, deep and narrow, where we could clasp each other in our arms as with clamps, and I would hide my face in you and you would hide your face in me, and nobody would ever see us any more."
Franz Kafka, The Castle (via petrichour)
Had you smiling soft and sweet.
Keep those blurry memories somewhere safe-
You may need them.
while you were sleeping I was blood red, sharp as a knife inside your stomach
i dont know what to believe anymore
That makeup really took about 10 years off her appearance
That shit took 4 kids, crack and a jail sentence off her appearance
Okay. She doesn’t look bad on the image on the left. She looks a little tired, and she definitely does look younger on the right. However, she does NOT look like she had four kids, did crack, or time in jail.
Black women: if you don’t wear make-up that makes you look ten years younger, you look like a jailed crack addict.
Certain plants can purify the air taking out toxins or bad or stale air, these are some wonderful plants to keep around the home.
1. Bamboo Palm: It removes formaldahyde and is also said to act as a natural humidifier.
2. Snake Plant: It absorb nitrogen oxides and formaldahyde.
3. Areca Palm: One of the best air purifying plants for general air cleanliness.
4. Spider Plant: Great indoor plant for removing carbon monoxide and other toxins or impurities. Spider plants are one of three plants NASA deems best at removing formaldahyde from the air.
5. Peace Lily: Peace lilies could be called the “clean-all.” They’re often placed in bathrooms or laundry rooms because they’re known for removing mold spores. Also know to remove formaldahyde and trichloroethylene.
6. Gerbera Daisy: Not only do these gorgeous flowers remove benzene from the air, they’re known to improve sleep by absorbing carbon dioxide and giving off more oxygen over night.